Thursday, January 6, 2011

Free Background Music for Work and Play!

If you’re a fan of free background music, you may have heard of Whisperings piano radio. And if you haven’t, you’re missing out on one of the best internet radio stations out there.

Founder David Nevue describes the station: “Whisperings is more than just an Internet radio station. It represents a community of piano artists who have chosen to promote themselves as a group, rather than just individually.

Whereas a single artist is limited by their own resources, a community concept creates new promotional opportunities for participating artists. Cross-linking, gig-sharing, CD sampler projects, and regional concert tours are all part of the vision that drives the Whisperings project.” David goes on to say…

"The attitude of the music industry toward solo piano music is that there's no worthwhile market for it," He says. "In an industry where anything less than a million units sold is considered a failure, solo piano artists can't compete. Ask any pianist trying to make a living from his or her artistry and they will tell you - it's nearly impossible to 'break out' beyond doing the local gig."

I first heard of Whisperings piano radio when I was searching for some good music to share with my piano students. I searched and searched the internet but sadly, the pickings were slim.

I then stumbled upon the Whisperings station and I was instantly captivated. Here was music that I loved and knew my students would appreciate as well. I instantly downloaded the free radio player offered at the main site. Now, my students (and me) get the best, most beautiful solo piano music out there for free!

Edward Weiss is a pianist/composer and webmaster of Quiescence Music's online piano lessons. He has been helping students learn how to play piano in the New Age style for over 14 years and works with students in private, in groups, and now over the internet. Visit http://www.quiescencemusic.com/ now and get a FREE piano lesson and 342 page book!

6 comments:

  1. Your piano sounds beautiful always...Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I love this and thanks for sharing. I took piano lessons up until I was 13 and wish I'd continued!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an account at Live365 and will definitely add this station to my list. Beautiful playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad is a big fan of Jim Brickman. Not exactly solo piano music but piano-dominated just the same. So yeah I can see where the music industry has shied away from solo piano work. I think there should be more of it easily found.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty music. My mother is a classically trained pianist so I grew up listening to various types of piano music. I'm certainly passing this on to her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very relaxing. More people should be exposed to music like this. :)

    ReplyDelete